8.19.2007

Dirty Jobs

So, the other night I was watching a bit of Discovery Channel's "Dirty Jobs" and was pretty grossed out when I witnessed Mike Rowe standing knee deep in sewage. I almost gagged. Then during my morning routine I was thinking: "My job as a mom can be pretty gross too." Really! Is Mike Rowe planning to visit any house for a good example of the any number of a mom's dirty jobs? Well let me do the honors and list a few of my own:

  • Fetching a cat's head-size hairball down a tub's drain with some mildew and other yummy stuff attached.

  • Cleaning a bad case of rotavirus in the middle of the night.
  • What's that smell in the garbage disposal?
  • On the subject of smells have you checked your fridge lately. Under the seats of the car or better yet under your child's bed?
  • Uh....diapers....DAH!

Time to share, everyone! What kind of chore(s) makes you wanna say "gag me with a spoon?!?!?"