11.08.2007

Days of Thanks

One thing I have come to appreciate about blogging is when I am having a bad day I can look up a time when I posted about a previous life battle and know that God worked everything out. In the midst of any rotten situation it is hard to look for the light at the end of the tunnel, but it is there....eventually you find it.

Thanksgiving is approaching. It is a time to be, you guessed it, thankful. From now until Thanksgiving Day, I promise to post something that I am grateful for -- little or big. And during a future trial I will look upon these days of thanks as a promise that our "God is good and His mercies endure forever."

As I type Steve is at a PTO meeting and will be home long after the boys are in bed. In fact there are many nights Steve works late and I am left home holding up the fort and sometimes dealing with not so happy children. However, I am thankful that Steve has a stable job. It allows me to have a choice to stay home and raise our kids without worrying about monthly expenses. This truly is a blessing.