- A morning cup of coffee with cream & sugar, please.
- My new favorite snack to munch on: sugar snap peas
- Our dishwasher!
- A nice, hot shower and maybe I'll have time to blow-dry my hair too.
- Clorox wipes (makes cleaning a bathroom swift and easy)
- The time between 1:00pm and 3:00pm when Mark is down for his nap and Matt is still at school - ah, sweet peace.
- Fresh, clean clothes (laundry day)
- A bowl of cereal. I just love cereal! Especially Frosted Flakes now - it changes often.
- This CD! "Hear Us From Heaven" is my favorite. When I don't know what or how to pray, I just pop in worship music and sing.
And one thing that would brighten my dad's day is getting his catheter out. Pray he "goes" regularly and fully! (Thanks)
I just got off the phone with my dad. We spoke on the phone for 10-15 minutes and I absorbed every minute of our conversation. The boys got on the phone too and I am sure that was medicine for his soul. Hard to believe a couple days ago he was in such distress and yesterday the pain meds made him so loopy, his conversations were quite humorous. I heard more of my dad today and it made me feel good.
I better get some beauty sleep for tomorrow. Nighty night!
- Matt is over strep throat.
- Mark is recovering from a nasty stomach bug as well as strep throat.
- A shower can renew my day and mind!
- Soon life will be normal and I will have enough time to visit my blogroll. Right now, not so much.
- Matt's rookie baseball sign ups are Saturday (season starts in May)
- My God supplies all my needs -- and these last several days I have needed Him!
*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
1. I can juggle. Not well, but average.
2. Five years ago Steve and I vacationed in San Diego. When we came back to our hotel from a day long tour around the area, we walked into the elevator with Chrissie Hynde (The Pretenders). It was my first time being star-struck. We shared that ride for many floors. Very cool!
3. I share my birthday with President Ronald Reagan (February 6th).
4. This may not necessarily be about me, but today the Midwest will set a record high: mid 60's. Talk about weird! This morning Matt wore his light jacket to school -- in January!
On Monday schedules, routines, bedtimes and homework are back in session. I am not looking forward to early mornings again, but a routine sounds good. Bedtimes a dream. And homework....well.....that's not my work, but Matt's!
I am not that person. One day I seem to be on top of things and in one moment all can change. Maybe that's why I never make resolution commitments because eventually I won't live up to most of them. All that pressure hanging over my head to be more organized, eat healthier, manage my time better or becoming closer connected with friends makes my head spin. I guess that's what life is all about: FLEXIBILITY!! I know my life is known for curve balls and circumstances, isn't it?
Every day I strive to be the best wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend, which I hate to admit I fall short of from time to time. But what about my character? Do I ooze Christ in my daily life? Do I aim to please others or God? Do I put gain in earthly idols or the fruits of the Spirit? This shouldn't be a yearly reflection when December 31st rolls around, but a daily conviction and renewal. If my goal was to become more like Christ wouldn't other areas naturally do a 180 and improve?
What about you? Have you made any resolution plans? Need to refine an area in your life? (And just because it's typed with black/white in my comments section doesn't mean I'll beat you up if you don't live up to your promise -- we're human!)
Here's to a New Year in my journey with the Lord!