4.19.2006

Live Strong!!

When I see those yellow bands proclaiming "LIVE STRONG" I use to think, "Wow, what a neat way to encourage people fighting cancer." Then in February my dad was diagnosed with esophageal cancer. My family would never be same and no one could of prepared us for what was yet to come.

Similar to having a baby, my mother was forced to sacrifice her time and schedule to care for my dad during treatments. There are days when I feel sorry for myself when I am stuck changing diapers, feeding my boys, and running errands when I would rather be reading a magazine with a latte in hand or being with girlfriends at Olive Garden. Guilt hits me over the head when I visit my parents then leave to go back to my existence at home. I wish I could do more to help my mom like she has helped me many times before.

"I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth." ~Psalm 121:1-2

We all have battles that overwhelm us. Whether it's raising kids to marriage or an illness to employment, know that God is in control and He will see you through anything. Be encouraged...