4.22.2006

When It Rains, It Pours

At 5:45am I grabbed Mark from a sweet slumber and put him in our minivan for his morning appointment at the surgical center. His ear tubes were put in and all went well -- with the exception of coming out of the anesthesia (a crying nightmare). Unfortunately along with his ear tubes, he has caught an intestinal bug! Sometimes I change a diaper in 5 minutes!

On the subject of health, Steve has been experiencing discomfort in his abdomen and decided to have it checked out. After an ultrasound revealed GALL STONES, he was referred to a surgeon and will receive his treatment plan next week. Another outpatient surgery to plan for.

So, when it rains, it pours!!! My anxiety level sky-rockets and I am set to worry, worry, worry... There is always a moment in my life when I am forced to trust God more.

Then I am reminded of James 1:2-3:

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,
because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."


However, in the midst of our family's trials we receive a call that my dad is CANCER FREE and the next step is surgery to remove the affected tissue mid-May. The doctors are optimistic and everything is going according to their plans. God is good and always working!!!