3.23.2007

In the Middle

This week was spirit week at school. Matt is seen here before catching the bus celebrating "tropical day". (Kinda looks like Jimmy Buffet don't ya think?) On Thursday I volunteered to be a mom helper. When I walked in the classroom I heard his buddies say, "Matt, your mom is here." And Matt responded with this confident, but cool "I know". My heart was swelling with pride! As I filed papers I spied on Matthew interacting with his classmates. Every so often he caught me and gave me a smirk. I gave him a wink in return.

I know I have said this over and over again, but I love having boys. That bond between mother and son is so precious it's almost romantic -- in a non sexual way! The time we cuddle together is priceless. When he kisses me good night I feel like I am the only lady in his eyes, but as years pass I know this will change. His feet are still the cutest part of his body and I don't mind grabbing his toes and giving them a smooch every now and then. Gross? I don't care!

So here I am sandwiched between Steve, Matt and Mark -- I wouldn't have it any other way!