6.21.2008

Time In A Bottle

Let me say right off the bat that I absolutely loved Matt's third year of life. We were done with diapers and the crib, but his childhood innocence wasn't tainted yet. It was a time when he was experiencing a whole new world around him. We started taking more trips to zoos, museums, parks and we could finally see a movie at the theatre as a family. I wish I could contain that year.

Today my independent as ever Mark turns three and I am experiencing the same emotions all over again. I get to open that bottle and remind myself how much fun it was. He's so funny in his own quirky way and when I get a boo boo he asks me, "Can I kiss it for you, Mommy?" Gosh, I love him to death!

His favorite knock knock joke goes something like this:

Knock, knock
Who's there?
Water.
Water, who?
Water are you waiting for, let me in!

Happy Birthday, little man! We are so glad God made you a part of our family!