2.06.2008

Another Year Added


Ok, let me just get this out in the open. Today is my birthday. I am 34 today. Yes, 34 years of dealing with this thing called me. And what a journey my life has been thus far. It only proves, again, how faithful and merciful God is.

I am not one that enjoys opening gifts that are designated for me. At my wedding and baby showers, nothing made me more uncomfortable than sitting in the hot seat unwrapping one present after another. It's just too much! I am not sure why I am like this, but it is what it is. And don't get me started on receiving compliments. Ick. But allow me to sit back and watch others be drenched with surprises and blessings, well, that's a whole different story. Who doesn't love that?

And usually on or around my birthday someone goes ill. Two years ago my boys were struck with the flu and my dad called that day with his cancer diagnosis. It was a birthday I choose to forget! This year it's Matt, who ended his perfect attendance streak with a barking cough, fever and ear infection. He was so disappointed, but there is more to his education than perfect attendance. We both got over it.


These photos were taken Sunday during our Super Bowl celebration. Just a glimpse of our family around the house enjoying one another -- the best present ever in my opinion! Matt savored his can of Pepsi, while Mark swam in the nacho dip. We ate and cheered the NY Giants on. What a game by the way!!! (You'll have to excuse Matt's mouth full of corn chips. Boys can be so gross!)

Some advice: Next time you decide to hold the camera backwards to take a snapshot like I did here, don't hold your head back. HELLO, DOUBLE CHIN!!!