2.08.2008

Off Me

This has been a whirlwind of a week. First Matt's illness and then Mark needed to see the doctor because his right ear was hurting. Since he has tubes, I needed to make sure they were still in place and working properly. Yes, he has an ear infection and, yes, the tubes are there just the right one was clogged with wax. Ah! Case solved.

So another birthday for me came and went. No surprises or major presents. Just another day. Steve has been busy like a beaver tackling projects. I admit feeling a bit sorry for myself lately. Most of our plans have failed because of my dad's recovery, my boys' health and/or Steve's work schedule This morning was MOPS and I missed it to take Mark to the doctor. I am learning once again about sacrifice. That this life doesn't always center around my needs, but others'. Not only is that ok, but necessary in order to put my focus where it should be and get what matters straight. I thought again and found blessings in other areas:
  • My boys slept thru the night despite sore ears and cough spasms.

  • Last night we ate dinner at Culvers as my day-after birthday present. I didn't need a candlelight dinner or some fancy place to dine. As long as I don't have to cook or clean up, I'm happy.

  • I am thankful my boys do well in public. Sometimes they get wound up, but overall, they sit down, eat and wipe their own faces. Mark is so curtious that he waves good-bye to everyone and says, "Thank you!"

  • We aren't knee-deep in rain water or snowed in. The weather is so abnormal this season, isn't it?

  • Mark loves, and mean loves, going to the doctor. When Matt went earlier this week, Mark got all bent outta shape not because he was being checked, but because he wasn't. This is coming from a 2 1/2 year-old! Go figure, but I'll take it!

  • Target is directly across from our pediatrician's office and I never wait over 20 minutes for a prescription unlike a famous pharmacy chain I know. And I do flips over their liquid medicine's dispenser: a syringe!

  • This Saturday Matt and I are going to our town's mother/son bowling party. It's a date I anticipate every year during this "heart month". Next year I'll have two Valentines to take. Double the pleasure, double the fun!

  • Walmart's generic coffee is as good as any expensive brand -- even Starbuck and Seattle's Best! That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

  • That we own a minivan. Those automatic doors are so helpful.

  • Halls Breezers make my throat feel oh, so good.

  • Foaming hand soap and sanitizer make washing little hands, and mine, fast and easy!

There ya have it. I feel better just typing this. Have a great weekend!