4.02.2008

I'm In Time-Out

One night during my after-dinner-dishwashing-session I noticed dust on top of the window's trim. Since my arms were elbow deep in suds I decided to get to it later. I still had two crusty casserole dishes to scrub, a coffee pot to clean and a countertop to wipe down.

That was (hand over my mouth) weeks ago and today I said hello to the same dust bunnies making their home on top of that wood trim. I made the same promise that I would get to them later.

I say this because it relates to me replying to comments. So many of you have left comments on posts and prayed for our family during Steve's elbow problems and my dad's emergency surgery scare, but I haven't returned the favor. I apologize. I hope you know I care about all of you that visit this blog and pray blessings back over your families. Just when I make a promise to visit your blog a week goes by with nothing accomplished, which leads to another promise and another week goes by. You get the picture.

Send me to the naughty chair, Supernanny, I deserve it.

Today is Matt's first baseball practice @ 5:30pm. Right in the middle of dinner, thank you! Tomorrow is flag football practice. Saturday Steve will travel to Terre Haute for classes (2-1/2 hours away) and that night we have a fund raiser to attend as well as another baseball practice and birthday party in between. I'm sure Mark will miss his nap that afternoon, which really helps his mood. (Yeah, right!!)

When you get right down to it, I'm just tired. I like my down time in front of the TV or reading one of my favorite magazines to find a new recipe to try out. I need that time among Dora the Explorer, chicken nuggets, household chores, errands and potty training. I mean I crave that time! It refreshes me and makes me a better mom and you know what they say: a happy mom makes a happy home.

Even God Himself needed an outlet after spending 6 days creating the universe, which, helloooo, is a major task:

"By the seventh day God had finished his work. On the seventh day he rested from all his work. God blessed the seventh day. He made it a Holy Day because on that day he rested from his work, all the creating God had done." Genesis 2:2-3 (The Message)

He needed a day to recuperate. To step back and enjoy what he accomplished. And he passed that advice to his creation: REST

On that note, Mark is asking to watch his beloved Dora. Better go!