4.23.2008

Spring Fever

It's here. It's really here. SPRING.....with summer close by.

The boys are outside daily. Matt is riding his bike with his buddies. Mark and I walk to our park before lunchtime and I am amazed that his little feet walk that entire distance without a complaining word.

We attended Steve's softball game last night although we never saw Daddy hit. He took care of the books since his elbow is still recovering. Matt ran off with kids to play catch while Mark played in the kitty litter like dirt. Matt was never a dirt-loving kid, however his little brother is. That bath water was sure hazy!

Neighbors are out chatting. People wave "hi" as they take after-dinner walks. Sometimes I think technology has done a disservice to communication. Forget texting and go out and talk to one another!

The windows are open. Fresh air throughout the house. I switched off the heat and hopefully next month's utility bill reflects big savings.

I grilled steaks. Our oven decided to bust, but who cares when I can cut into a mouth-watering piece of grilled goodness. As I type I am waiting for the repairman to call with an estimated time of arrival.

The fridge is stocked with produce. Strawberries, red peppers, grapes, blueberries.....

Oh, I love this season. How about you?

And if you haven't already, celebrate Spring by entering my Bloggy Carnival Giveaway!