5.19.2006

Life Tiles

Steve purchased Spongebob Squarepants Life a few weeks ago for Matthew and it is played daily! One space is labeled "Life". You draw a "Life Card" and it explains a life lesson in kindness and giving which earns a player "life tiles". For instance:

  • "Be Plankton's friend for a day" - 1 LIFE TILE
  • "Go to the Valentine's Day carnival with Patrick" - 2 LIFE TILES
  • "Be named Champion Bubble Blower" - 3 LIFE TILES

Today as Matt and I played the game questions came to mind: "What life tiles am I earning? Am I courteous to the cashier at the grocery store? Do I yell at my kids when I am frustrated? Am I friendly to those outside my circle of friends? Do I try my best at what I put my hand to?"

"But store for yourselves treasures in heaven (LIFE TILES), where neither moth nor rust nor worm consume and destroy, and where thieves do not break through and steal" Matthew 6:20