5.14.2006

Mother's Day 2006

"A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five
people, promptly announces she never did care for pie." Tenneva Jordan


Doesn't this ring true in a mom's life? My breakfast usually consists of the leftovers my two boys didn't finish: a few pieces of pancake soaked in syrup, bits of waffle on my baby's high chair tray, the peanut butter sandwich with a bite mark on the corner...

Today is that special day when mothers are lavished with cards, appreciation, and/or gifts. I soak in every moment knowing tomorrow morning I'll be dragging myself downstairs with Mark on my hip making sure Matt is on schedule to leave for school on time. I will devour those leftovers again while drinking
Chamba Chai (my spa in a mug) and wonder how I will conquer the day ahead.

"I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength" Philippians 4:13