11.02.2006

A Slap and a Soap Box

Give me a time out. Sit me in the corner for 5 minutes. I did a bad thing: I didn’t comment back to most of my Wordless Wednesday comments!!!

Have you had one of those days when you want to accomplish tasks around the house? I am talking major things like making the bed, taking a shower, or even making a meal for yourself besides eating the kids’ scraps??? The list was enormous! Yesterday was one of those days for me. I willingly posted my WW, but hardly visited others. Slap my hand and give me “a look”! The day refreshed me and put a smile on my face so I will give you “my hand” back. **hee hee**


llllll

All this talk about Reese and Ryan splitting.....Madonna’s adoption.....John Kerry’s disrespectful comments towards Republicans.....Bill O’Reilly v. David Letterman.....the list goes on and on.....

Seems like Hollywood divorce is as common as dirt is on my boys. Should we be upset that a boy from Malawi is being cared for by a celebrity and probably having a better life than if he were sick in Africa? Should Senator Kerry have put a sock in it? And should I even mention the word Iraq? Lots to think about!!!

In the middle of all the controversy, arguments, and debate anyone can get on their soap box and be quick with their opinions. However, there is one thing that stands out among all that: WHAT GOD SAYS!!!


“My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because our anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.” James 1:19-21

We should be more concerned about how we are living our own lives! Are we testifying the name of Jesus? Are we drawing people to know Him more? Are we living the faith we speak of? Do we judge in love or for our own glory?


“...God opposes the proud, but favors the humble.” 1 Peter 5:5

Let the light of Jesus spill out onto others. We need to pray for our country. Kick your soap box to the curb and replace it with the washing of God’s Word. If we all acted more like Jesus it would be a huge domino effect!!!