8.24.2007

If You Peek Through My Kitchen's Window....

The dinner's dishes are piled by the sink. Matt helps clear the table. Mark hollers, "Allllll done!" He goes to wash his hands. Steve, Matt and Mark are out the door to play catch.

I stare at the dishes. The bowls. The silverware. I go to my laptop and tune into Yahoo's radio "my station". "Jesus, Take the Wheel" comes on....

No one is around. I start to sing as I rinse the dishes and load up the dishwasher. "Dancing Queen"!! My absolute favorite!! I start to wipe down the countertop, then make a sink full of bubbly Dawn and start to scrub while U2's "Where the Streets Have No Name" plays.

What usually is a dreadful time straightening up the kitchen ends up being fun and free. No kids yelling. No one is hungry again. I can mop the floor, shake a tail feather and have a good time. Alone. Whoever said housework is boring lied. (Or at that moment I was living in lah-lah land!!)