8.18.2006

Everyday Tomatoes: My Neighborhood

"...For I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." Philippians 4:11
Since Matthew has been riding on two wheels it seems he has clicked with a lot of kids in our neighborhood. Everyday a new visitor wants to come over or Matthew is begging to go to Sammy’s house and play video games. I have watched Matthew fly down driveways and my heart stops. I say to myself, “There will be an ER visit(s) in his lifetime for sure!!”

I love our neighborhood! From the local park to families sitting outside on folding chairs greeting one another, I know I have a support system here. If I have a leak and Steve is not home, I just run over to “Stan-the-man” and ask him to help out. I cherish our after dinner walks and stopping by Laura’s house to say “hi”.

“It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood, a beautiful day for a neighbor.
Would you be mine? Could you be mine?”