8.01.2006

CWO: In "Other" Words



"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'" C.S. Lewis

Sur.ren.der

  • To relinquish possession or control
  • To give up in favor of another
  • To give over or resign (oneself) to something

I remember when I first gave my life over to Jesus. Desperation gripped me and my life was falling apart. The only one I could turn to was Jesus to save my soul and give me new life. He drenched me with His love and made me new by cleansing my spirit. Sin no longer had a hold over my life. It was a day of great rejoicing! I felt like I could conquer anything that came my way.

And then..............

I had to count the cost!!! Since making Jesus Lord I’ve had to learn time and time again to surrender control over my life and give it to God. It is easy to assume life after accepting Christ will be a bed of roses. I can testify learning many lessons in the past 15 years of being a Christian. Battling sickness, loneliness, heartbreak, fear, and rejection are just a few areas that needed God’s hand to heal. Some were a consequence of living in this fallen world; others were a direct result of my own selfish ambitions and expecting God to conform to my way. Even Jesus surrendered before His death saying:

“Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." Luke 22:42

No matter what you need to give up: lust, greed, pride, envy, status, grief, loss, money, divorce, anger, parenting dilemmas, depression.........

Surrender it. Give it to God. Leave it at the cross. Let go and let Him take the wheel before life spirals out of control. He loves you! He has great plans for you! Go along for the ride of your life...........