1.18.2007

No Matter What

"Be good to your servant, God;
be as good as your Word.
Train me in good common sense;
I'm thoroughly committed to living your way.
Before I learned to answer you, I wandered all over the place,
but now I'm in step with your Word.
You are good, and the source of good;
train me in your goodness.
The godless spread lies about me,
but I focus my attention on what you are saying;
They're bland as a bucket of lard,
while I dance to the tune of your revelation.
My troubles turned out all for the best
they forced me to learn from your textbook.
Truth from your mouth means more to me
than striking it rich in a gold mine."
Psalm 119:65-72

If my day is good. If my day turns bad. If life is going well, but then throws a curveball. My kids are healthy, then one turns ill. I am treated with kindness, then slapped by rudeness. My marriage is full of contentment, then struck with arguments.
No matter what my circumstance I know that God is good. It is His nature. Mercy overflows on His creation. He loves me and I am His -- no matter what!