5.24.2007

Race Day

This morning was Matt's Kindy 500 box car race. After working for almost 3 weeks on his race car, he wore his NASCAR Army #01 with pride.....and speed! (Any Mark Martin fans out there???)


Papa and Nana H came out to watch and brought some spirit flags to cheer Matt on. It was a hot, sunny day (mid-80's by 9:30am).


Matt started off slow (dead last in fact), but when he appeared going around turn 3 he was SECOND and it was a race to the finish. Matt missed first by a cardboard box length! He had a blast! (And he needed a bathroom break badly -- thank God he made it!!)

Each child was presented with a medal and certificate. Matt would have smiled more, but the sun was beating down on everyone...we were all ready for A/C and a cold drink! Afterwards we enjoyed good eats at Culvers (one of our favorite family hang outs). While eating Matt put his medal around my neck. I asked him why he was giving it to me and he responded, "Because I love you." I love my boys! Now I am off to nap myself.......

PS Where was Mark in all this? He fell asleep in the stroller! (photos to be posted soon)