12.01.2006

Yuletide Pride

All you Christmas caroling, yuletide loving, holiday starving people out there: We wanna see your holiday decorating talents!! (or lack there of) Wheather it’s a garland draped staircase, a stocking hung mantle, outside lighting or an ornamented tree, please post a photo and share about it. Every area has a story!!

I have decorated our tree the same since Steve and I celebrated our first Christmas married -- over 11 years ago. The bow that tops our tree was made by yours truely. From afar it looks beautiful, but believe me, it is VERY messy looking. I have never been a crafty person and worked hard at making a personalized bow that year. Call me a sucker for keepsakes! The ornaments have grown in volume thanks to craft projects and gift exchanges. The quilt skirt was a hand-me-down from my mom and will use it as long as it stays together.

Our mantle has also remained the same since moving into our home almost 7 years ago. My boys have a thing about sticking their finger in the nutcracker's mouth and lifting the lever -- OUCH! This year I splurged on some monogrammed needlepoint stockings. Aren't they cute??? Thanks Lands End!! I especially like the angel proudly entitled "Mom" among all the masculine ones. Some days I deserve to be the angel around here!! NOTE: We have been trying so hard to schedule an appointment to get a recent family portrait of the four of us. After three attempts and cancellations due to illnesses or injury to the face, I am about to give up. ONE DAY!!!

I will get the ball rolling and tag my dear friends: Happi from Berger Buzz, Stephanie from Adventures in Babywearing, Sheryl from Peanut Butter & Jelly Boats, Beck from Frog and Toad are Friends and anyone else you wants to join the fun. Merry Christmas!!!