12.31.2006

What I learned in 2006

As I said before, I am not big on new year's resolutions. I tend to reflect on the past year and ask myself, "How did this past year cause me to grow???" Here is a glimpse of that:

  • God is faithful and good. He protects my family. Gives me strength when I feel I cannot do it on my own. Looks out for me and guides me through the storm.
  • From Mark's ear infections to dealing with my dad's cancer treatments and then working around Matthew's school/sport's schedule....holy cow....time just flew by!!! (FYI: My dad is cancer free to this date!!)
  • Do not judge where someone else is in their faith journey. Let God deal with their heart on His own time.
  • That blogging is a creative and emotional outlet.
  • If the house isn't tidy by the end of day do not fret about it.....it'll be there tomorrow to worry about.......and the next day........and the next.......and the next........
  • Friends are my backbone. To call when I am having a bad day. To vent my problems to. To be myself!
  • Mark does not have Celiac Disease
  • That I need to work on my math skills.
  • Steve's heart is to be at home with us every evening -- is there anything better???
  • My family is the most important thing on this earth!!!

At church this morning God gave me scripture to live by this upcoming year:

"May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Accept one another just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God." Romans 15:5-7

I pray in 2007 that I can make an impact in the Body of Christ. To reflect Jesus more. To attract others to His love and forgiveness. Blessings to all of you in your journeys ahead!!!