4.23.2007

RBI with Some DQ on the Side

How many of you experienced perfect weather this weekend? We sure did. 70’s and sunny. Puts a smile on my face no matter how crazy the boys are acting or how much dirt they track in the house. Fresh air –- ah, so nice!

I survived Matt’s baseball team’s opening day.....and so did Mark. I realized I may miss 90% of the season chasing Mark until Lauren from Baseballs and Bows suggested bubbles. Why didn’t I think of that? I am buying a Costco-size supply soon! Thanks, Lauren!

Matt played catcher in the first inning and complained about how “boring it was”. He said his feet hurt and he was sick of squatting for such a long time. If you ask me, I couldn’t help but say over and over again how cute he looked in all that gear. Matt learned first hand how to be a good team player.


At his batting debut he swung at the first pitch: HIT!! I was yelling at my boy, “Way to go! You rock number 4! Yeah, Matt!” He stood on 1st base and gave me a thumbs up. Between innings he made a point to run out of the dugout and give me a hug and kiss. I asked him why and he said, “Because I want to.” Ok, so this is why I love boys so much!

Afterwards our family along with my parents indulged in DQ Blizzards. There sat Matt surrounded by people he loves on his big day. It doesn’t get any better than that!