6.03.2007

Light

I don't know what it is about summer, but my mood is enhanced. Every sunny day brings joy. Even though my boys quarrel, it seems like we have more space during these warm months. When moments are tense, just open the back door and let them out. They can run wild without messing the house.

The ease of going on a simple errand. No coats. No boots. Just slip on a pair of flip flops or Crocs and we are off. From our church's parking lot to the building is a hike. I prefer a warm breeze than cold gusts of wind during our stroll up the sidewalk, wouldn't you?

I can go on and on. Trips to the park. Evening family walks. Going out for ice cream. Ordering an iced coffee. The warm sun can be calming. No matter what is going on in my house, I can step out and instantly be cheered up by it.

As I gazed at the sun this morning, it reminded me of God's light and dwelling in it.

"This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin." 1John 1:5-7

Thank you, God, for allowing the door to be opened. To be free. To be with You in Your light. It covers me. Gives me peace. I pray I listen to it. Obey it. And that Your light, through me, attracts others to the giver of life: JESUS