7.11.2006

CWO: In "Other" Words


"Once in a while you have to take a break and visit yourself ." Audrey Giorgi

Trials. Who needs them?

When you are in the midst of a trial all you want to do is find the nearest "EXIT" sign. Haven't we all been there? A mother is agonizing over her child's diagnosis. You didn't get that job you were hoping for. Ugh, the sump pump is backing up again! Your mind is racing.

"How do I fix this?"

"Is there a quick solution?"

"God, help!!!"

How many times do we ask God, "Lord, get me through this," instead of "God, what can I learn from this?" I can admit that in my life the first prayer comes to mind more. I am consumed by the problem that has plagued my thoughts and I just want to get out of the valley.

God knows all. He is in all. He knows every hair on our heads.................and then some! So He knows exactly what trial you are facing. He understands your fear and hurt. He knew about your trial before you did.

Paul was a prisoner in Rome when he wrote Ephesians. I am sure his life in prison wasn't like prisons today. I am sure he had a lot to complain about. How interesting he does not dwell on his time in prison, but on the gospel of Christ!

Ephesians chapter 3 shows Paul's heart in the midst of his situation. He wanted nothing more than to preach the Gospel. To show the love of Jesus. For God to be glorified in all things!

"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:14-19

Paul was executed shortly after completing Ephesians.

No matter how long your trial may seem. No matter how difficult your situation looks........

Step back. Take a break. Ask God, "Lord, teach me how to grow from this. Shape my heart. Mold me into who You want me to be. I know You will see me through!"