7.18.2006

CWO: In "Other" Words


"When life whacks you so hard your head flies off, sew it back on and keep going." Mary Pierce

Recently I posted an entry about my youngest son starting to walk. We were overjoyed at the milestone.

Mark stood up grasping the coffee table and with confidence let go and took those first steps every parent longs for. We cheered and clapped, “Hey, Marky, good boy!!”

Soon after he attempted those first steps..................

SPLAT!!!!!

His bottom hits the floor. Sometimes he even does a facial on the carpet. He gives me that what-happened-mom look. I encourage him that he feels no pain and to try again.

Back up and off again. Mark tries and tries while laughing and clapping.

He has been walking for weeks now and every day he improves however every day brings a new fall too. Is there something we can learn from this? ABSOLUTELY!!!

Doesn’t life do that? Either you are starting a journey (milestone) or you have been cruising along for some time then.....................

SPLAT!!!!!

You find yourself on the floor, maybe a little hurt -- maybe a lot hurt -- trying to figure out how you got there and how to get back up again. Know this:

“My heart is steadfast, O God; I will make music with all my soul!” Psalm 108:1