7.14.2006

Everyday Tomatoes

"...For I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." Philippians 4:11

Seems like my recent posts dwell on health! Either thankful for good health or battling another illness with my boys. This Everyday Tomato focuses on my father.

Last February he was diagnosed with esophageal cancer and started treatments in March. I can't even begin to describe what our family -- better yet, my MOM -- went through. It was terrifying,
exhausting, and sacrificing all at once. I saw my playful Dad knocked down and battling for his life. Chemo treatments were grueling and my mom was forced to drive my Dad an hour every day to receive radiation treatments.

But after his surgery my dad's labs showed NO CANCER!! He is improving with every passing day. The doctors are elated with his progress. His side effects are minimal compared to others who have gone through it. All we can say is God is so good!!!

Last Sunday I brought Mark over for a visit and it was special to see my Dad play with Mark. He makes up funny stories and games which make my boys laugh and laugh. How priceless this time is!!! I sat back and soaked this in knowing for more to come...