9.05.2006

CWO: In "Other" Words



"Don't let schooling interfere with your education." Mark Twain

“Mom, did we come from apes?”

“Is the big bang theory possible?”

“When is sex allowed?”

I remember several questions like these came to mind when I was young. Information would load my brain in school and I would go home wondering if some of it was possible and right. From evolution to sex education a “tween” is a sponge absorbing thoughts, ideas, and theories. It was a time when I was scrambling to fit in. A time when an interest in boys was seeded. What an awkward moment in my history!

Thank God I had Christian parents to lead and guide. They revealed God’s Word is pure wisdom and knowledge. No matter what school books taught about controversial subject matters that the Bible is true and the final answer. I learned that we came from an Almighty Creator. I learned that sex is right, good, and intended for marriage. That I am fearfully and wonderfully made no matter what others say.

Proverbs is drenched with wisdom for daily living while Romans dwells on who we are in Christ. Ephesians hits on being a community of Christians while James stirs the pot on holy living.

Don’t get me wrong, is schooling needed. YES! You are talking to the wife of a high school principal here! We need to be educated to succeed in this world. To get a job and learn about our country’s history. But biblical truths are where it is at. Being Christ-like. Knowing Jesus and His ways. Always glorifying Him!

If you are struggling with a subject ask God. Grab a Bible. He will show you the truth!

“He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.” Psalms 1:3